The Development Manager for Creative Commons is focused on fundraising from foundation and government sources to meet annual revenue goals. The Development Manager additionally provides targeted support for small dollar, corporate, and major gift income streams, including research, data management, reporting, and copy writing. Creative Commons is growing, and has an ambitious strategy to build a vibrant, usable commons powered by collaboration and gratitude. The opportunity is to support our team with the resources they need to achieve these ambitious goals. Your contribution will be vital to the success of the organization and our global community.
The Development Manager will:
- Manage the range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, government, and corporate sources
- Conduct aggressive prospect research to generate a long and short list of potential funders
- Deepen relationships between CC and its funders and prospects by supporting our weekly moves management system for CEO, Director of Development, Board members, and program leads
- Maintain accurate grant calendars, database records and groups, and organizational files for all donors, funders, and prospects
- Contribute to the production of institutional materials, including annual reports, pitch kits, digital campaign copy, and others as needed
- Track statistics related to organizational impact for funder reporting
- Develop and implement reporting processes and dashboards to track progress
- Actively package organizational programs to align with funding opportunities
- Think creatively around potential partnerships to support joint funding opportunities
- Assist with other fundraising projects as needed
- Bring a level of familiarity with Salesforce relationship management software
Qualifications and requirements
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- An ability to balance deadlines and near-term projects while advancing long-lead efforts
- An ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams across different areas of subject matter expertise
- An interest in CC’s work and legacy, and passion for issues related to open culture
- Ability and enthusiasm for working in a fully remote and independent environment
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that diverse teams build better organizations and better services. Applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including those from under-represented communities, are very welcome. Creative Commons works openly as part of a global community, guided by collaboratively developed codes of conduct and anti-harassment policies.
Work Environment and Location
Creative Commons is a fully-distributed organization — we have no central office. This position is available to applicants working in the range of the Eastern to Pacific time zones, in a remote working environment. You must have reasonable mobility for all necessary travel, including meetings with CC partners and organizations, selected conferences, twice-annual all-staff meetings and the Global Summit — this usually means about 4-6 trips per year. We provide a subsidy towards high-speed broadband access. Laptop/desktop computer and necessary resources are supplied.
Salary and Benefits
Creative Commons is a leading non-profit employer, offering competitive salaries and benefits, including health and wellness plans, annual retirement contributions, and a positive, supportive work environment. We offer competitive salary in the range for this position from $65k-$80k USD, commensurate with relevant skills, experience, and location.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume as a single PDF to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject heading of “Dev Manager/ [Last Name].” Phone calls and messages will not be returned.