How open licensing is transforming design
Elliot Harmon, March 8th, 2014
Account of the new invented
Benjamin Franklin / Public Domain
I’m very excited to be speaking at South by Southwest tomorrow along with Scott Belsky of Behance, Sofya Polyakov of The Noun Project, and Eric Stover of Autodesk. Each speaker represents a community of designers that use open content or licenses in some way. I’m sure it will be a fascinating discussion.
For people coming to this blog post from the talk, here are some links you might like:
- Slides from the panel
- Featured CC Platform: Behance: My interview with Scott from a couple years ago, where he discusses why Behance users have so fully embraced CC licenses.
- Sofya Polyakov / Team Open: Sofya explains why open licensing is integral to The Noun Project’s business model.
- Autodesk invites users to remix its content: Our blog post from last year about Autodesk adopting CC licenses for all of its training content.
- Open Design Now: Online and print anthology about open design. Very fun read.
- Fiat: The Case for Letting Your Customers Design Your Products: Article in Inc. from a few years ago about Fiat’s CC-licensed car.
- CC in design: expanding your team of collaborators: My notes from a previous panel on open licensing in design.
After the panel, I’ll add a link to the slides.