Dear CC Community,
The world is experiencing an explosion of openness. From artists inviting creative collaboration to governments around the world requiring publicly funded works be available to everyone, the spirit and practice of sharing is gaining momentum and producing results.
By supporting Creative Commons, you are advocating for openness and sharing on the web.
Recent CC accomplishments include:
- Europeana’s new Data Exchange Agreement which releases the metadata for millions of cultural works into the public domain using CC0;
- Flickr reaching the 200 million mark in CC-licensed photos;
- YouTube adding a CC licensing option;
- The US Department of Labor requiring CC BY for a $2 billion grant program;
- Brazil and New Zealand introducing CC licensing for government-funded works;
- CC releasing The Power of Open, a book showcasing phenomenal use cases of CC licensing. Make a donation and receive a hard copy of The Power of Open.
At the CC Global Summit in Warsaw, CC affiliates and supporters shared their plans and discussed the challenges we face in building the tools and support needed for an open future.
Creative Commons relies on donations to build and constantly improve the technical and legal tools that enable openness to flourish. The future for openness is bright. Please join us!
p.s. Donate now to receive your limited-edition “I Love to Share” t-shirt!Comments Off on A personal appeal from CC CEO Cathy Casserly