Creative Commons is turning 20!
We are celebrating with a special Better Sharing campaign, honoring 20 years of commitment to open access and better sharing.
We invite you to join us. We have an ambitious goal to raise over $15 million in support.
As a nonprofit, we rely on the contributions of donors like you.
By donating to our Better Sharing campaign, you help ensure Creative Commons can continue advocating for open access to knowledge for 20 more years.
See below for all the ways you can get involved in our Better Sharing Campaign.
- Make a donation on our 20th Anniversary page (consider becoming a monthly donor!)
- Fundraise for us by starting your own campaign on our 20th Anniversary page
- Would you prefer to send a check? See our Donor FAQ for other ways to make a donation.
Join the Celebration with a Video Message
- Help us light up our global commons in celebration by submitting a video message for our 20th.
- Please include any of the following in your message:
What does better sharing, brighter future mean to you?
What does CC mean to you?
What do you think is CC’s greatest achievement?
Where would you like CC to be in the next 20 years?
- Share why you support the open movement or how CC has impacted your work on social media, with the hashtags #CCTurns20 and/or #BetterSharing and tagging @creativecommons
- Share our Creative Commons’ Open Minds podcast
- Sign up for CC’s Monthly Newsletter
- Save the date for the 2021 CC Global Summit
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Better Sharing for a Brighter Future
In the last two decades, we’ve helped shape the culture around “sharing,” increasing access to valuable information, historic images, scientific articles, educational resources, cultural artifacts, and so much more.
Now, we’re looking forward, eager to put the tools to share and re-share content in the hands of everyone, everywhere. We know that greater access to information means a stronger global community, more innovation, and increased capacity to solve key challenges the world faces today…
Want to hear more where Creative Commons has been and where we’re going?
Click through for a message from our CEO Catherine Stihler announcing our Better Sharing campaign.
20th Anniversary Committee
Creative Commons wishes to gratefully thank the members of our 20th Anniversary Committee, They have worked tirelessly over these last several months and their guidance, expertise and enthusiasm have given new meaning to collaboration and openness. Many of them have been involved with Creative Commons from the beginning and we are supremely excited to have them with us during this landmark year.
Our committee members are: Peter Baldwin (Honorary Committee), Paul Brest (Co-Chair), Ruth Okediji (Co-Chair), Hal Abelson, John Seely Brown, Mike Carroll, Joshua Elkes, Bob Glushko, Dorothy Gordon, Ronaldo Lemos, Larry Lessig, Zahavah Levine, Alexander Macgillivray, Kent McGuire, Laurie Racine, Eric Saltzman, Pam Samuelson, Alek Tarkowski, Esther Wojcicki.