There are too few nonprofit organizations like CC fighting for the digital commons – support our vital leadership with an end of year contribution. Donate today!
Miro, the free and open source video player launched their 2.0 version today. The update has tons of new features that will help you explore video on the web, including YouTube HD, Hulu and the like. Dean writes on the Miro blog about the new chrome on 2.0:
- A beautiful, all-new widget based interface
- Browse while you watch– pop out any video to an external window (our number one requested feature)
- Miro is now faster, more responsive, and lower memory use
- You can add streaming sites like Hulu to your sidebar
- You can add download sites like Archive.org or legaltorrents.com to your sidebar and download to Miro with a single click
- Improved playlists
- New compact, sortable list view
- Better audio support
On top of the new release, Miro is rolling out a great new Miro Guide, which helps users find and download great content such as TED talks and NBC Nightly News.
Download Miro 2.0 for Windows, OS X, or Linux here.Posted 10 February 2009