Creative Commons is thrilled to announce our first CC Certificate scholarships for our newly launched GLAM course. If you would like to nominate a member of the CC Global Network or Open GLAM community for a scholarship – who has contributed to Open GLAM efforts – please read below.
The scholarship will help individuals seeking to deepen their knowledge about open licensing and open practices for GLAMs, and get CC Certified! The CC Certificate for GLAM is a rigorous, 10-week course, which requires 6-10 hours of work per week. Scholarships are non-refundable. Scholarship recipients must be willing to devote the required time to complete the course.
Scholarships: We are offering 38 scholarships for our 2022 courses. Scholarships will cover 40% of the registration fee, and scholarship recipients will be responsible for the remaining US$300. While scholarships are open to the first applicants (or nominees) who complete this form, we will prioritize granting scholarships to as many countries as possible. Additional considerations:
- Applications close on 15 March, 2022.
- Accepted applicants will be notified by April and will need to register for their preferred course before 30 May, 2022.
- The next courses run from 13 June – 21 August, and from 26 September – 4 December, 2022.
Course information: The CC Certificate for GLAM (galleries, libraries, archives and museums) is a professional development training for institutions or community groups engaged in cultural heritage. As more GLAMs adapt to increasingly online audiences and users, they often seek Creative Commons legal tools, expertise and community support. Cultural heritage institutions share a common goal with Creative Commons: to make knowledge and culture globally accessible.
- In the CC Certificate for GLAM, community members will develop capacity in opening access to cultural heritage. They will develop a deeper understanding of open licensing and copyright considerations with digitization projects, Rights Statements, Traditional Knowledge Labels, working with the public domain, and more.
- CC Certificate for GLAM participants will also gain access to a global community of professionals and activists working toward similar cultural and policy changes in their own cultural heritage institutions.