Stay up to date with CC news by subscribing to our newsletter and following us on Twitter.
We’re nearing the finish line for version 4.0 of the CC license suite. Find out what’s new in Draft 3 and what issues are stil being discussed.
Join the School of Open! Our first classes are officially launching on March 11, as a part of the Open Education Week celebration.
The White House has issued a groundbreaking directive supporting public access to publicly funded research.
Creative Commons, PLOS, and OKFN hosted a course sprint last weekend to develop a new open science curriculum.
In other news:
- We’ve just announced the location of the 2013 Creative Commons Global Summit. Join us in Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 21-24!
- A new bill in the US congress would drastically expand public access to federally funded research. Get the facts on FASTR.
- Remember the contest to find a CC-licensed alternative to the Happy Birthday Song? Listen to the winners!
- The CC Arab World community recently gathered to celebrate ten years of CC and discuss the future of the open Internet in the Middle East.
- A few weeks ago, former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton unveiled the Open Book Project, an initiative to expand access to free, high-quality educational materials in Arabic.
- For the fifth year, Creative Commons is participating in the Google Policy Fellowship program. If you’re interested in working on CC’s education and advocacy initiatives, find out how to apply.
- Vice ran a great interview with Adam Green, cofounder of the Public Domain Review.