There are too few nonprofit organizations like CC fighting for the digital commons – support our vital leadership with an end of year contribution. Donate today!
Creative Commons is once again seeking a bright, enthusiastic student to work at the international headquarters office for ten weeks this summer. Students have the opportunity to work with CC staff and international volunteers on various real-time projects. Assigned tasks and projects will vary depending on the intern’s skill & experience, as well as organization needs. If you are a currently enrolled law student interested in applying, please read the descriptions carefully and follow the instructions below.
In addition to contributing to real-time work projects, the intern will be invited to participate in external meetings, staff meetings, inter-organization discussions, and potential evening events. Staff will encourage the intern to also self-organize visits to local organizations, and to find ways to connect with various community members.
- The internship is open to students enrolled in law school, pursuing a JD, LL.B or LL.M. Ph.D candidates in area particularly relevant to CC’s work will be considered.
- The internship is open to international students who are eligible to work abroad from an accredited university and/or through a third-party work-study program.
- The internship will focus on intellectual property and copyright as relates to creative works shared on the internet.
- The internship will last for ten weeks from June 6 to August 12.
- The internships are full-time, temporary positions.
- Applicants should plan on spending the summer in Mountain View, CA.
- Please also be ready to assist with general office tasks in addition to focused projects.
Creative Commons offers a stipend of $4,000, if not otherwise covered by grant funding. If your school offers a stipend for work-study or internships, this factor is figured into the compensation.
This stipend may not be sufficient to cover living expenses in the bay area. No other benefits are provided. Interns must make their own housing, insurance, and transportation arrangements.
How to apply
Please see our Opportunities page for full details and information on how to apply.
Applications and questions can be sent to:
Aurelia J. Schultz (Miss)
The application deadline for Summer 2010 is 11:59 p.m. PST, Friday, March 18, 2011.
Thank you for your interest in our organization. Please NO phone calls.Posted 02 March 2011