We’re proud to announce that summit registration is now open, along with our call for community submissions. Please consider joining us, whether you are a longtime contributor, or new to the CC community. Hope to see you 28-30 April, 2017 at the beautiful new Delta Hotel in Toronto! Please help us spread the word.
The CC Summit Program Committee has been working hard to deliver an awesome Summit in 2017. This dedicated group is from a variety of countries and backgrounds and has developed the 2017 theme – “Sharing and the Commons: What’s Next?”. The committee has also set our summit program goals:
To define sharing and the Commons for the next generation
- What pressing challenges and/or threats does the Commons currently face?
- What issues need the network’s focus and support in the next two years, particularly given our shift in focus toward meaningful human collaboration?
- How do we strengthen, expand, and celebrate our ties to the creators of the culture that makes the Commons visible and real to people?
To shift the focus to people, moving beyond licenses to enhance collaboration and sharing
- Shift to a truly networked and open collaborative model
- Shift focus to people of the Commons over content of the Commons
- Shift beyond license adoption to include Commons collaboration and sharing
To discuss the future of the Creative Commons network and grow the CC movement
- We will discuss and reach consensus on the new network strategy and structure proposed by the Network Strategy Steering Committee
- We will establish collaborative tracks that allow anyone to join the conversation
- We will invite creators and users to actively participate and engage with issues that go beyond content licensing
We are creating the summit program with your collaboration. If you’re interested in contributing to the program, please answer our Call for Submissions with ideas. We welcome ideas from affiliates, partners, supporters, and anyone else you know who might help us design a great event. You can submit your own ideas, or just help us get the word out.
We’d love to hear how you’ll bring your ideas to life at the Summit. Deadline for submissions is 27 January 2017.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.