Join the CC Open Education Platform on Tuesday, 8 March, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC / 4 p.m. EST for an Open Education Week round of Open Education Lightning Talks.
By popular demand, the CC Open Education Platform is bringing back our Open Education Lightning Talks Series. We are kicking off the first round of this series on Tuesday, 8 March, 2022 at 9 p.m. UTC / 4 p.m. EST in celebration of Open Education Week.
What are lightning talks?
Lightning talks are concise presentations that provide a specific update or story. During our open education lightning talks, open education practitioners will discuss their work in 7 minutes and take questions (2 minutes) in a supportive space. Everyone is welcome. Join us!
Speakers and presentations:
- Kathryn Kure, CEO at STEAM Foundation NPC | Enabling OERs at No Additional Cost
- Dr. Carolyn Stevenson, Faculty Member and Faculty Advisor at Purdue University Global | Promoting Educational Equity through OERs and Open Degree Plans
- Sybil Priebe, Associate Professor at North Dakota State College of Science | The Venn Diagram of OEP and Ungrading is a Circle
- Alan Levine, Director of Member Strategy and Community Engagement for Open Education Global | Still Amazing: True Stories of Openness
- Liza Long, Department Chair of Integrated Studies at the College of Western Idaho | Student Scholars: Publishing Student OER Work
- Suzanne Wakim, Faculty Member and Distance Education Coordinator at Butte College | Evolution of a State-Wide OER Initiative
- Judith Sebesta, Executive Director of the Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas and the President of the Executive Council of CCCOER | Deep in the Open Heart of Texas
Date: Tuesday 8 March 2022
Time: 9:00 – 10:15 PM UTC / 4:00 – 5:15 PM EST / 8:00 – 9:30 PST | Check your local time zone
Location: Join us from wherever you are based! We’ll be using Zoom to host the event. If you haven’t installed Zoom, download it here.
Watch our last round of Open Education Lightning Talks here >>