Join us on Wednesday, 23 February for an online panel discussion, as we explore how open access to cultural heritage materials encourages artists to discover, share, and remix such materials.
In advance of the UNESCO World Conference on Cultural Policies and Sustainable Development — Mondiacult 2022, Creative Commons is pleased to participate in the ResiliArt x Mondiacult initiative to celebrate better access to culture and allow artists and creators to participate in a generative creative cycle.
Our upcoming ResiliArt x Mondiacult webinar will explore how open access to cultural heritage materials encourages artists to discover, share, and remix such materials. We will hear from artists and heritage professionals firsthand as they share their vision for better sharing of cultural heritage to support contemporary creativity in the digital space. They will also consider how better sharing can act as an engine for sustainable cultural development, through fair remuneration and open business models. Our panelists will examine the power of open licensing and the importance of Creative Commons’ infrastructure as a catalyst for the dissemination and revitalization of culture.
- Brigitte Vézina | Director of Policy, Open Culture, and GLAM at Creative Commons (Moderator)
- Hessel van Oorschot | Founder & “Chief of Noise” at Tribe of Noise
- Eddie Grey | Los Angeles-based composer, arranger, songwriter, and sound designer
- Eline de Graaf | Curator of Collections at Het Nieuwe Instituut
- Iván Martínez | Free knowledge activist and human rights defender at R3D
- Jesica Pullo | Founding Director at BIOTICO & Co-creator of Wiki meets Sustainable Fashion
Date: Wednesday 23 February 2022
Time: 16:00 – 17:30 UTC / 11:00 – 12:30 EST / 8:00 – 9:30 PST | View your local time zone
Location: Join us from wherever you are based! We’ll be using Zoom to host the event.